Thuraya XT-Lite v2 - Save $70
Our most popular handset - EVER!
We sell more of the XT-Lite Version 2 than all other handsets put together.
Accessories can be purchased at a discounted rate when checking out, some items are discounted by nearly 40%, but only if purchased during checkout.
(wait for the pop-up screen to appear at the checkout)
Particularity popular with "Grey Nomads" exploring the bush and lone workers in remote areas.
Who is it for:
- Grey Nomads doing "the Big (or little) lap"
- Off Road Adventurers
- Isolated Communities
- Lone Worker Safety
- Anyone that needs 24/7 contact throughout Australia (& 160 other countries!)
Small enough to slip in to a shirt pocket, great battery life, built in GPS - even send your position and message, to as many as 4 SMS recipients, with the single push of a button!*
Simple and easy to use. No international number dialing needed. Just call and dial like a normal mobile phone.
Stay connected, and easily reachable, whether you are crossing the desert, sailing at sea, or climbing mountains.* To make and receive satellite phone calls and SMS services a Subscription / Plan is required (from $15 / month)
There are a variety of Post Paid Plans.
Our most popular plan is the $15 monthly Casual Plan
- No lock in, or term, contract.
- Standard Australian Mobile Number
- $15 plan fee plus costs of calls billed in arrears monthly.
- $25 one time account setup and connection fee.
- Pay by Credit Card, Direct Debit or Bpay
- Calls 99c per minute out bound
- No Charge for receiving calls
- Callers pay just the normal rate to call an Australian Mobile (effectively free if on a capped or unlimited plan)
- Talk Time up to 6 hrs; Up to 80 hrs. standby
- Dimensions:128 x 54 x 28 mm
- Weight: 186 g
- USB connector (for firmware upgrades)
- Languages: English, Arabic, Farsi, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Urdu
- Built-in GPS for GPS navigation which allows you to create and manage way-points and send your exact position in real time via SMS
What's in the box
- Thuraya XT-Lite v2 Satellite Telephone
- Lithium Battery (3.7V 2680 maH)
- 240v Travel Charger with 4 International Adapters (AU included)
- USB data Cable for Firmware Upgrades
- User Guide (Basic)
- Free SIM CARD - Ready to Connect
- Genuine Thuraya 12v / 24v in Vehicle Charger
- Safety Case, ABS Case to hold the handset and all accessories safe from water and dust
External Antenna with 5m Cable (No holes / drilling required)
Many of these accessories can be purchased at a discounted rate when checking out, some items are discounted by nearly 40%, but only if purchased during checkout. (wait for the pop-up screen to appear at the checkout)
Please note the XT-Lite does not support handsfree functionality / car-kit mode or Bluetooth. Please use the external antenna and (smartphone) earpiece for in vehicle calling.
Excellent no problems
Cant figut=re out why a 12v charger is NOT included when your paying $829. 240V is not much use if your in the middle of no where and dont have/use an inverter. $15 a month whether your using the phone or not......................... Think ill be going with this set up and ONLY pay when you use the sat phone https://www.optus.com.au/enterprise/networking/satellite/thuraya-xt-lite
Hi Mick, we see that you are not a customer (yet?) but want to leave a review? Usually we get pre-sale inquiries by email or telephone, but we'll try and address your issues anyway. I'm not aware that most devices come with a 12v charger. I know almost all mobile phones do not come with a 12v charger. We do not bundle the charger in the pricing (remember there are no "free" inclusions - somebody always pays!) as not everyone wants the 12v charger so we do not see why we should offer only the bundle and not as discrete components. That allows you and others to pay only for the parts they want or need. Thank you for providing the link to Optus. We have not seen them have stock since something like 2017. They will not and cannot supply you an XT-Lite at their "recommended" price. We feel it is deceptive and misleading conduct to advertise a product you cannot deliver, at any price point. If Optus can supply the XT-Lite at that price we will buy our XT-Lite stock from them! Let us know!!! The Optus plan does NOT allow you to be connected and pay only for calls. You pay $15 every month you want to be in service with call charges on top. The service is assigned a satellite number which is only charged at mobile rates if the caller is also on Optus. Otherwise callers will pay satellite rates to reach you, and if they are on a capped or unlimited plan may not be able to call you at all, as the number will be deemed to be a "premium" number. Not having a standard mobile number, as we arrange connection to, is a potentially major cost, and very inconvenient. And yes, there is, through us, a $25 one time activation fee for each plan activation. I hope that helps you understand your options, and whatever way you choose to go, wish you happy and safe travels. Any question - please don't hesitate to reach out by email or phone. Here to help.
Great shopping experience, fantastic phone, great casual rates and speedy delivery.
This sat phone perfectly meets my needs. Mainly a emergency or need assistance in non cell phone areas. Not too fancy but enough features for my needs. Great phone at the right price Sat Phone service was second to non. Prompt delivery and good communication. Many thanks well done.
Purchased this prior to our trip. We have rented in the past for remote travel (like crossing the Simpson) but now the price of this phone makes it cost effective to buy. Like having an old 3310 but is a lot lighter than expected and the antenna slides neatly away.