Thuraya XT-Lite - Save $70
Our most popular handset - EVER!
We sell more of the XT-Lite than all other handsets put together.
Particularity popular with "Grey Nomads" exploring the bush and lone workers in remote areas.
Who is it for:
- Grey Nomads doing "the Big (or little) lap"
- Off Road Adventurers
- Isolated Communities
- Lone Worker Safety
- Anyone that needs 24/7 contact throughout Australia (& 160 other countries!)
Small enough to slip in to a shirt pocket, great battery life, built in GPS - even send your position and message, to as many as 4 SMS recipients, with the single push of a button!*
Simple and easy to use. No international number dialing needed. Just call and dial like a normal mobile phone.
Stay connected, and easily reachable, whether you are crossing the desert, sailing at sea, or climbing mountains.* To make and receive satellite phone calls and SMS services a Subscription / Plan is required (from $15 / month)
There are a variety of Post Paid Plans.
Our most popular plan is the $15 monthly Casual Plan
- No lock in, or term, contract.
- Standard Australian Mobile Number
- $15 plan fee plus costs of calls billed in arrears monthly.
- $25 one time account setup and connection fee.
- Pay by Credit Card, Direct Debit or Bpay
- Calls 99c per minute out bound
- No Charge for receiving calls
- Callers pay just the normal rate to call an Australian Mobile (effectively free if on a capped or unlimited plan)
- Talk Time up to 6 hrs; Up to 80 hrs. standby
- Dimensions:128 x 54 x 28 mm
- Weight: 186 g
- USB connector (for firmware upgrades)
- Languages: English, Arabic, Farsi, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Urdu
- Built-in GPS for GPS navigation which allows you to create and manage way-points and send your exact position in real time via SMS
What's in the box
- Thuraya XT-Lite Satellite Telephone
- Lithium Battery (3.7V 2680 maH)
- 240v Travel Charger with 4 International Adapters (AU included)
- USB data Cable for Firmware Upgrades
- User Guide (Basic)
- Free SIM CARD - Ready to Connect
- Genuine Thuraya 12v / 24v in Vehicle Charger
- Safety Case, ABS Case to hold the handset and all accessories safe from water and dust
- Ear Piece, stay legal when making in car calls
- External Antenna with 5m Cable (No holes / drilling required)
Many of these items can be purchased at a discounted rate when checking out, some items are discounted by nearly 50%, but only if purchased during checkout.
Please note the XT-Lite does not support handsfree functionality / car-kit mode or Bluetooth. Please use the external antenna and earpiece for in vehicle calling.
The whole online process was smooth and the price of the XT Lite was more than competitive. Great communication from company and set up with sim super easy. Inserted Sim after charging phone and it locked into satellite very quickly. Purchased this phone as a replacement for an Iridium sat phone that was too expensive to have on standby just for emergency use and text messages when in remote areas and at sea.
Easy to purchase item, yet tom set up service.
Great service & helpful customer advice. I highly recommend
Tested the Thuraya satellite Phone on one Desert Trip so far and after having had Inmarsat as well as Iridium previously I have to say I'm super happy. Like most Satellite Phones the phone is fairly simple and very old school in regards to the usability (similar to Inmarsat and Iridium) but having it mounted in the vehicle window I had reception most of the time even in the vehicle (when driving north). I used the phone every day to check back in with the family and to get weather updates and the feature that people can call you for the cost of a regular mobile call (so free on an unlimited plan) is just brilliant. Reception in the Desert was good as long as you have antenna aligned. Definitely, the best value for money Satelite System in Australia and the support from SatPhonesales is brilliant.
Worked well Northern Territory. By having the Sat Phone put our mind at ease knowing we had communication for any issues that may have come our way as we travelled a lot of desolate roads and tracks.