Thuraya XT-Lite - Save $129 (with FREE Silicon Case)
Our most popular handset - EVER!
We sell more of the XT-Lite than all other handsets put together.
Particularity popular with "Grey Nomads" exploring the bush and lone workers in remote areas.
Who is it for:
- Grey Nomads doing "the Big (or little) lap"
- Off Road Adventurers
- Isolated Communities
- Lone Worker Safety
- Anyone that needs 24/7 contact throughout Australia (& 160 other countries!)
***HURRY - presently includes a free Silicon Case, valued at $69***
The XT-Lite is where performance and price meet.
Small enough to slip in to a shirt pocket, great battery life, built in GPS - even send your position and message, to as many as 4 SMS recipients, with the single push of a button!*
Simple and easy to use. No international number dialing needed. Just call and dial like a normal mobile phone.
Stay connected, and easily reachable, whether you are crossing the desert, sailing at sea, or climbing mountains.* To make and receive satellite phone calls and SMS services a Subscription / Plan is required (from $15 / month)
There are a variety of Post Paid Plans.
Our most popular plan is the $15 monthly Casual Plan
- No lock in, or term, contract.
- Standard Australian Mobile Number
- $15 plan fee plus costs of calls billed in arrears monthly.
- $25 one time account setup and connection fee.
- Pay by Credit Card, Direct Debit or Bpay
- Calls 99c per minute out bound
- No Charge for receiving calls
- Callers pay just the normal rate to call an Australian Mobile (effectively free if on a capped or unlimited plan)
- Talk Time up to 6 hrs; Up to 80 hrs. standby
- Dimensions:128 x 54 x 28 mm
- Weight: 186 g
- USB connector (for firmware upgrades)
- Languages: English, Arabic, Farsi, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Urdu
- Built-in GPS for GPS navigation which allows you to create and manage way-points and send your exact position in real time via SMS
What's in the box
- Thuraya XT-Lite Satellite Telephone
- Lithium Battery (3.7V 2680 maH)
- 240v Travel Charger with 4 International Adapters (AU included)
- USB data Cable for Firmware Upgrades
- User Guide (Basic)
- Free SIM CARD - Ready to Connect
- Free Silicon Case (Valued at $69)
- Silicon Case (Presently included, valued at $69)
- Genuine Thuraya 12v / 24v in Vehicle Charger
- Safety Case, ABS Case to hold the handset and all accessories safe from water and dust
- Ear Piece, stay legal when making in car calls
- External Antenna with 5m Cable (No holes / drilling required)
Many of these items can be purchased at a discounted rate when checking out, some items are discounted by nearly 50%, but only if purchased during checkout.
Please note the XT-Lite does not support handsfree functionality / car-kit mode or Bluetooth. Please use the external antenna and earpiece for in vehicle calling.
Australia, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Central and Western Russia, Most of Africa.
Australian Coverage is 100%. The only places coverage may be an issue is in the far south in very steep mountainous terrain when in a deep valley (eg. Alpine / high Country, and Tassie)
Thuraya XT-Lite - Save $189 (with FREE Silicon Case)
Worked well Northern Territory. By having the Sat Phone put our mind at ease knowing we had communication for any issues that may have come our way as we travelled a lot of desolate roads and tracks.
Fair price for peace of mind
We never actually used the phone, it was there just for emergencies. However, it always worked when we turned it on, and it did not need recharging too often. We only had to pay $15 a month to keep it active. The account was terminated when requested without any problems. When we needed assistance setting it up the company was very responsive and helpful.
Thuraya XT Lite
Relying on the built in aerial the reception up through Alice Springs through to Darwin was very disappointing. Had a magnetic roof top aerial fitted to the Motorhome in Darwin, and from then on the reception was quite good and reliable right back till we reached the Blue Mountains near Sydney. Happy with it now, as having the magnetic aerial, are able to use it on any other vehicle.
Very good experience overall. We recently completed a road trip through the remote regions of Sth Aust, Western Australia, N.T. and found that we had phone connection at all times.
Generally very good but only have it for important contact when normal mobile unavailable. Reception not so good down south. Should make it obvious that the self check no. is not a free call.
Hi David, the free test number applies only to contracted plans. As such it is a chargeable call on the non-contract casual plan. This is a decision of the service provider that we can't influence, and yes - we agree they could make it clearer. But you CAN call the handset from another number and pay only the cost of a normal mobile phone call - effectively FREE if you are on a capped or unlimited plan!