Thuraya SatSleeve, Universal
IMPORTANT - please be sure this is the correct device for you by reading this article first. A very informative article about the pros, cons, limitations and features of the SatSleeve and whether it is the right device for you.
The SatSleeve Plus (Universal)
No need to change your service provider as the SatSleeve has it's own SIM card / Service* and works in combination with your existing provider.
The SatSleeve gives you access to all your normal smart phone based functionality over satellite for Voice, SMS and data.
Use your smart phone as far away as 30m from the SatSleeve for full satellite "walk and talk" functionality.
The Universal Adapter fits handsets from 58 - 85mm Wide, on both Android and iPhone.
The Universal Cradle is the ideal way to mount your phone when in vehicle etc.
* Separate Satellite plan / subscription required
Check if your Smartphone is compatible with the SatSleeve:
- Voice Call and SMS in Satellite Mode
- Email even when there is no mobile signal (text based recommended)
- Use social media on the go even without mobile service
- Make and receive calls via satellite. Audio is routed to your smart phone.
- The SatSleeve Hotspot App works with Android and iPhone. Designed for use by the SatSleeve Hotspot version AND the SatSleeve Universal or "Plus". Not compatible with older bluetooth enabled SatSleeves.
- SOS call / receive button, allows the user to call a pre-programmed number (think 000) even if there is no smart phone available to run the app. Can also receive calls.
- Very inexpensive satellite plans with no lock in contract.
- Size: Universal 138 x 69 x 42 mm, Hotspot 142 x 69 x 38mm
- Weight: Universal 255g Hotspot 290g
- Battery 3.7v L-ion 2440 mAh
- Talk Time: Up to 3 Hours
- Standby Battery Time: Wi-Fi ON - up to 9 Hours, Wifi OFF up to 70 Hours
- Data Speeds: Download up to 60 kbps, Upload up to 15 kbps
- Power Supply: 240v with 4 adapters - 5V 2.0A
- Operating Temp: -10C to +55C
- Storage Temp: -20C to +70C
There are a variety of Post Paid Plans.
Our most popular plan is the $15 monthly Casual Plan
- No lock in, or term, contract.
- Standard Australian Mobile Number
- $15 plan fee plus costs of calls billed in arrears monthly.
- $25 one time account setup and connection fee.
- Pay by Credit Card, Direct Debit or Bpay
- Calls 99c per minute out bound
- No Charge for receiving calls
- Callers pay just the normal rate to call an Australian Mobile (effectively free if on a capped or unlimited plan)
What's in the Box
- Thuraya SatSleeve
- Universal Cradle Adapter (handsets 58mm - 85mm)
- Lithium Battery (2440 maH)
- USB Data Cable
- User Guide
- Free SIM Card - Ready to Connect
Australia, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Central and Western Russia, Most of Africa.
Australian Coverage is 100%. The only places coverage may be an issue is in the far south in very steep mountainous terrain when in a deep valley (eg. Alpine / high Country, and Tassie)
Excellent no ********, quality service
Best company I have ever bought from extremely quick response to all questions and support, very quick postage can not recommend enough.
A simple and effective solution for maintaining communication in remote areas at a reasonable price without needing complicated equipment