Thuraya SatSleeve Hotspot
The SatSleeve Hotspot
Satellite enable your smart phone! Just download the app to your phone, switch on the SatSleeve and connect to it by the hotspot generated wifi signal.
No need to change your service provider as the SatSleeve has it's own SIM card / Service* and works in combination with your existing provider.
The SatSleeve gives you access to all your normal smart phone based functionality over satellite for Voice, SMS and data.
Use your smart phone as far away as 30m from the SatSleeve for full satellite "walk and talk" functionality.
Please note picture includes Universal Adapter along side for illustrative purposes. Supplied as the SatSleeve plus Hotspot stand only.
* Separate Satellite plan / subscription required
Check if your Smartphone is compatible with the SatSleeve:
- Voice Call and SMS in Satellite Mode
- Email even when there is no mobile signal (text based recommended)
- Use social media on the go even without mobile service
- Make and receive calls via satellite. Audio is routed to your smart phone.
- The SatSleeve Hotspot App works with Android and iPhone. Designed for use by the SatSleeve Hotspot version AND the SatSleeve Universal or "Plus". Not compatible with older bluetooth enabled SatSleeves.
- SOS call / recieve button, allows the user to call a pre-programmed number (think 000) even if there is no smart phone available to run the app. Can also receive calls.
- Very inexpensive satellite plans with no lock in contract.
- Size: Universal 138 x 69 x 42 mm, Hotspot 142 x 69 x 38mm
- Weight: Universal 255g Hotspot 290g
- Battery 3.7v L-ion 2440 mAh
- Talk Time: Up to 3 Hours
- Standby Battery Time: Wi-Fi ON - up to 9 Hours, Wifi OFF up to 70 Hours
- Data Speeds: Download up to 60 kbps, Upload up to 15 kbps
- Power Supply: 240v with 4 adapters - 5V 2.0A
- Operating Temp: -10C to +55C
- Storage Temp: -20C to +70C
There are a variety of Post Paid Plans.
Our most popular plan is the $15 monthly Casual Plan
- No lock in, or term, contract.
- Standard Australian Mobile Number
- $15 plan fee plus costs of calls billed in arrears monthly.
- $25 one time account setup and connection fee.
- Pay by Credit Card, Direct Debit or Bpay
- Calls 99c per minute out bound
- No Charge for receiving calls
- Callers pay just the normal rate to call an Australian Mobile (effectively free if on a capped or unlimited plan)
What's in the Box
- Thuraya SatSleeve
- Hotspot Stand Adapter
- Lithium Battery (2440 maH)
- USB Data Cable
- User Guide
- Free SIM Card - Ready to Connect
Great product. Easy to set up and use and great customer service. Even had a phone call to make sure I had checked if it wa compatible with my phone before sending. Definitely recommend the product and Company.
very easy to use, we can now send and receive messages and call out in an emergency or talk to loved ones without having to drive anywhere to do so.
I would like to compliment the excellent service I received today when I called with a question about my Thuraya Satsleeve. I would also like to recommend this product as an excellent, easy to use, robust piece of equipment which is a very affordable satellite communications solution. The ability use my iphone over the Thuraya satellite network and make use of all my contacts and other features of the phone seamlessly and at a distance from the actual satsleeve makes it a pleasure to use.